- Electricity Forecasts
- Energy Demand Forecast 2008-2018 (PDF file 3.4 MB)
- Incremental Impacts of Energy Policy Initiatives Relative to the 2009 IEPR Demand Forecast
- Electricity Price Forecast 2005-2018 (PDF file 408 kb)
- Summer 2012 Electricity Supply and Demand Outlook
Staff of the California Energy Commission forecast electricity demand usually biennially as part of the Integrated Energy Policy Report proceedings. Additionally, staff also do a summer peak demand forecast each year.
Summer Electricity Supply and Demand Forecasts
- Summer 2012 Electricity Supply and Demand Outlook, publication # CEC-200-2012-003. (PDF file, 45 pages, 1 mb)
- Summer 2011 Electricity Supply and Demand Outlook, publication # CEC-200-2011-004. (PDF file, 44 pages, 573 kb)
- Summer 2010 Electricity Supply and Demand Outlook, publication # CEC-200-2010-003. (PDF file, 47 pages, 643 kb)
- Summer 2009 Electricity Supply and Demand Outlook, publication # CEC-200-2009-007. Posted: May 13, 2009. (PDF file, 47 pages, 680 kb)
- Summer 2008 Electricity Supply & Demand Outlook
- Staff Forecast of 2008 Peak Demand, publication # CEC-200-2007-006-SF. Posted: June 18, 2007. (PDF file, 36 pages, 318 kb)
- Summer 2007 Electricity Supply and Demand Outlook
- Staff Forecast of 2007 Peak Demand, publication # CEC-400-2006-008-SF. Posted: June 1, 2006. (PDF file, 13 pages, 204 kb)
- REVISED Summer 2006 Electricity Supply and Demand, June 30, 2006.
- Summer 2006 Electricity Supply and Demand Outlook - Final Staff Report, publication # CEC-700-2006-005. Posted: April 25, 2006. (PDF file, 40 pages, 1.2 megabytes)
- "Electricity Outlook: Summer 2005 and Beyond". Staff presentation by Energy Commission, CPUC & ISO before the Senate Energy Utilities and Communications Committee, February 22, 2005. (PDF file, 28 pages, 2.4 megabytes, updated with page 27 added 2/23/05)
- Resources Agency Official Unveils Energy Plan, Addresses Summer Electricity Demand - News Release from Resources Agency, dated 2/22/05. On line 2/23/05.
- Agenda & Other Presentations at Senate Committee Information Hearing (LInk to Senate Website)
- REVISED Summer 2004 Supply & Demand Outlook
On line: July 8, 2004, publication number 700-04-005REV. (PDF file, 13 pages, 203 kb)
- Summer 2002 Supply & Demand Forecast
(PDF file and Executive Summary)
- 2004 Energy Commission Peak Supply and Demand Balance. Presentation, Revised July 8, 2004. (On line: July 8, 2004, PDF file, 13 pages, 69 kb)
- Summer 2003 Supply & Demand Balance and Five-Year Forecast
(On line: May 20, 2003, PDF file, 8 pages, 68 kb)
- 2003 Energy Commission Peak Supply and Demand Balance. Presentation before California Senate Energy Committee, January 28, 2003. (Adobe PDF file, 7 pages [includes news release], 102 kb, placed on line January 28, 2003.)
Energy Commission Peak Supply and Demand Balance Excel Spreadsheet from presentation to Senate Energy Committee, January 28, 2003. (MS Excel, 86 kb, placed on line January 28, 2003.)
- Preliminary California Energy Demand Forecast 2012-2022 - Draft Staff Report,September 2011. (PDF file, 227 pages, 4.65 MB)
- California Energy Demand 2008 - 2018: Staff Revised Forecast, Final Staff Forecast, 2nd Edition, publication # CEC-200-2007-015-SF2. (Acrobat PDF file, 259 pgs, 3.4 MB). Posted: 11/16/07, updated 11/27/07.
Zipped file Containing an Excel Version of the Tables Contained in the Report, publication # CEC-200-2007-015-SF2. (Zip File, 468 kb). Posted: 11/16/07, updated 11/27/07.
- Staff Forecast of Average Retail Electricity Prices: 2005 to 2018 - Staff Draft Report, July 2007. (PDF file, 67 pages, 408 kb)
- California Energy Demand 2006-2016 - Staff Energy Demand Forecast, Final Staff Report (Second Edition incorporating errata), October 2005. (PDF file, 254 pages, 1.0 MB)
- Energy Demand Forecast Methods Report, June 2005. (PDF file, 219 pages, 772 kb)
- Electricity Demand Forecast Comparison Report, June 2005. (PDF file, 69 pages, 3598 kb)
- California Energy Demand 2003-2013 Forecast - Staff Draft Report, February 2003. (PDf file, 60 pages, 908 kb)
- 2002-2012 Electricity Outlook Report
- 2005 - 2008 Supply and Demand Balance - From the 2004 Integrated Energy Policy Report Update
- High Temperatures & Electricity Demand: An Assessment of Supply Adequacy In California - Trends & Outlook, July 1999. (PDF file, 80 pages, 748 kb)
- Revised 1997 Retail Electricity Price Forecast, March 1998. (PDF file, 16 pages, 87 kb)
- California Energy Commission Peak Electricity Demand Forecasts (1988-1997), January 2001.